NHE PTA DISBURSEMENTS
WE WANT YOUR INPUT
HOW ARE THE DISBURSEMENTS DECIDED?
At the year-end meeting of the association, the NHE PTA members approve a budget for all the operational and programming needs of PTA for the following fiscal year (July 1-June 30.) Throughout the year, the Ways and Means committee works hard to raise money to fund that budget. At the end of each fiscal year, any funds that were not needed for the budget and are not required to roll over to the following year's budget may be disbursed to support the students and school upon approval of the NHE PTA membership and in line with the rules of PTA and Richardson ISD.
The 2019 Disbursements Committee is collecting ideas for this year's recommendation of the disbursements. The recommendation will be presented to the NHE PTA membership for approval and is based on meetings with the NHE administration, research by the committee, and feedback from the school community.
By completing this survey, you are helping us prioritize ideas and sharing any new ideas! Click here to get started.
2019 SURVEY IDEAS BY CATEGORY
The Disbursements Committee has grouped the current ideas by categories that align with PTA goals and missions. Some items fall in multiple categories but are listed only once below. Some items below are typically funded by our PTA each year (indicated by an *), and some ideas are new or one-time expenses.
- Local Field Trip for Each Grade Level K-6: Cover costs for ALL students for 1 local field trip for grades K-6*. PTA may cover all costs except transportation per PTA insurance rules.
- Out-of-Town Field Trips for 4th grade*, 5th grade*, & 6th grade: Cover costs for ALL grade-level students to attend 4th grade Austin trip*, 5th grade Science Camp trip*, and possible 6th grade history field trip. PTA may cover all costs except transportation per PTA insurance rules.
- Campus Clubs: Basketball and/or Soccer Teams that play other RISD elementary teams, Destination Imagination, Lone Star Challenge*, Coding, Yoga, etc. (clubs dependent on finding a sponsor to lead the club)
- Campus-Wide Education Programs: Examples include Author visits*, planetarium set up on campus for a day, dinosaur museum set up on campus for a day, petting zoo visit, and more.
- Freddie's Farm - Outdoor Learning Environment: includes Garden costs not covered by the existing garden grant (ex: garden service day items such as mulch, annual consultant fee, supplies)*
- STEM - Think Tank: Supplies and Curriculum for Science and Math Enrichments and Projects*
- Accelerated Reader (A/R) Program and A/R Rewards*
- Classroom Learning Enhancement Teacher Allowances: Each teacher receives $200 allowance to spend on approved classroom items to enrich and enhance student learning.*
- School Supplies: 75%+ cost of school supplies supplemented by PTA for ALL NHE Students and maintenance of Freddie's Supply Closet for replenishing heavily-used student supplies such as pencils, erasers, etc throughout the year.
- Flexible Seating: Purchase more flexible seating to be used throughout the school in various classrooms, such as stability balls and wiggle seats.
- Positive Behavior and Intervention Support (PBIS) Prizes for Students and Staff. PBIS is already a program implemented by RISD at NHE. PTA provides support for incentives and prizes.*
- No Hungry Child / Food Pantry: Helps cover student lunches if cafeteria account runs out and/or snacks as needed. We all know how hard it is to learn or focus when we are hungry!*
- Technology: Refresh items such as iPad headphones, chargers, bricks, walkie-talkies for staff to use for safe dismissal.*
School Pride / Community Building:
- School Spirit Shirt for ALL students to be used for field trips, field day, Spirit Fridays, and throughout the year.*
- Freddie Falcon Mascot Costume for Pride Rallies, NHE Float in RHS Homecoming Parade, and more.
- Quarterly Reward Parties to complement the Quarterly Pride Rallies.*
- Library Decor. Purchase items to complement 2019 summer library renovation such as frames for student artwork.
- Movie Night Screen and Projector: Purchase instead of renting each year which would allow more flexibility in hosting both a fall and spring movie night!
- Additional Playground Equipment and Larger Playground Space. PTA would purchase the new equipment, cost of adding cement retaining wall, and the first round of wood chips for the larger space. RISD would maintain the wood chips. Current playground equipment (red swings & yellow/green play area) will be replaced in the next bond.
- Covered Outdoor Playscape, separate from current playground and blacktop. Involves permits from city of Dallas.
- Soccer Goals for NHE Field (Sturdy but Moveable, Youth-Sized.)* In the current disbursements budget but may need to roll-over as research and district rules have slowed down purchase.
PAST YEARS' APPROVED DISBURSEMENTS
Wondering what NHE PTA has funded in the past? Check out the links below for the approved disbursements lists for the last 3 years to see what the membership has voted to fund.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Then, please contact the Disbursements Committee by emailing email@example.com.