NHE Future Falcons
Future Falcons is a group coordinated by Northwood Hills Elementary School and the NHE Parent-Teacher Association to provide a variety of opportunities for families with one or more children age 5 and under to learn about and find ways to get connected at our wonderful neighborhood school. Our mission is to build a strong sense of community while promoting and encouraging families find connections and get involved at Northwood Hills Elementary.
How to Join Future Falcons
Join over 150 of your neighbors and stay up to date on upcoming Moms' Night Out, play dates, family events, couples social events, and everything Northwood Hills.
Email List: Join our email list by clicking here.
Get Connected Webpage: www.nhepta.org/connect.
Future Falcons Facebook Group: Join the Facebook Group by clicking here.
Questions: Email the NHE PTA Future Falcons Committee Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to invite your neighborhood friends!
Why Northwood Hills?
The mission of Northwood Hills is to provide all learners with opportunities for growth through profound curriculum, 21st century learning tools, and real-world applications.
Highly Rated and Awarded
• Met Standard under TEA Accountability System in 2018
• Member of the Texas Business and Education Coalition Honor Roll
Highly Qualified Staff
• 100% of our Teachers are TEA Certified and “Highly Qualified” under state standards.
• 40% of our staff hold or are currently earning post graduate degrees.
• NHE has exceptional support staff, including an Instructional Coach, Math Specialist and
• All NHE teachers and staff are trained on the latest teaching strategies for engaging,
expanding and accelerating students’ learning.
Actively Involved Parents and Engaged Student Body
• Recipient of the Platinum Award from RISD Council of PTA’s for 5,000+ volunteer hours.
• 15% of the student body is in REACH, RISD’s gifted program.
• Low student to teacher ratio due to support from specialists, support staff, and differentiated
• Students and teachers utilize the latest technology including 1:1 iPad implementation.
• Individualized instruction through the use of differentiation strategies and daily small group
Extra-Curricular Activities and Programs
• All students go the Think Tank, a hands-on, discovery-based math and science lab, where they are challenged with advanced experiments and problem-solving activities. NHE is one of few elementary campuses with a dedicated math/science lab.
• NHE has implemented school-wide Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) program, Sanford Harmony.
• All students and staff are encouraged to model and practice all Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) strategies taught by teachers.
• Students patriciate in reading, incentive program called Accelerated Reader. Online reading tests are used to build students’ comprehension skills.
• Sixth grade students attend Enterprise City, an RISD provided program that introduces students to real world concepts and careers. Courtesy Patrol members greet students every morning and help with dismissal
• Peer Mediators provide students with problem-solving skills
• K-FLY Video Announcements led by students and streamed live into classrooms
• Award Winning Choir (5th and 6th Grade)
• Band & Orchestra (6th Grade)
• Art Club
• Falcon Pride
• Girls on the Run
• Boys II Men
• Science Fair
• Invention Convention
• Lone Star Challenge Academic Competition
• Girl Talk
• Junior Beta Club (5th and 6th Grades) completes annual service projects
• Pride Rallies and Rewards Programs every nine weeks
• Future Falcons events to support and build relationships with incoming students and families