- The school instructional day begins at 7:50 a.m.
- Students should plan to arrive no earlier than 7:20 a.m.
- Breakfast is served between 7:20 and 7:35. Students wishing to eat breakfast should proceed directly to the cafeteria.
- Students who are accompanied by a parent must stand by their parent while waiting to enter school.
- Students in the library should utilize activities in an appropriate manner.
- Serving on Courtesy Patrol is a privilege reserved for 6th grade students.
- At 7:40, all students may proceed to class.
- Our “Hug Zone” is located at the front entrance. Only students and staff are allowed past this point unless a parent checks in at the front office.
- Once on school property, students should walk all bikes, scooters, and skateboards. These items cannot be stored in school; instead, use the bike racks availalbe on school grounds.
Students have 4 options for dismissal:
- Circle Drive Pick-Up (Car Riders): Parents wishing to take advantage of the circle-drive through system will queue up along Cliffbrook Dr. (facing Westbound). Each car will have a placard in the front window that lists all the students riding in that car (these placards will be given out at “Meet the Teacher” and on the first day of school). As cars approach the circle drive, a staff member will call (via walkie-talkie) for student(s) in the building. Students will walk out to the end of the circle drive and get in their car. Parents do not need to park and get out. The line of cars will look long, but it will move quickly!
- Walk Out Back With Their Class (Walkers): Students who walk home will exit from the East doors of the building. Students who walk home must utilize the crosswalks at Birchridge Drive and Cliffbrook Drive, Birchridge Drive and Village Trail, and/or Cliffbrook Drive and Meandering Way. Parents who do not wish to utilize the circle drive system must park their car along Birchridge Drive, walk up to the East doors of the building, and check their student out with his/her teacher.
- PACE Afterschool Program: These students will meet PACE personnel in the cafeteria. KN and 1st grade students will be escorted to the cafeteria by appropriate staff members.
- Daycare or District bus: These students will wait for their bus in the cafeteria. KN and 1st grade students will be escorted to the cafeteria by appropriate staff members. Buses will be boarded in the teacher parking lot.