Join the PTA
About the NHE PTA
Our NHE PTA is an association made up of K-6 parents, teachers, administrators and community members who work together to provide an exceptional educational experience and learning environment to help our children succeed in the 21st century.
The NHE PTA supports programs and events throughout the year and provides funding for programs & learning tools that enhance and enrich our children's experience in the classroom as well as support our school. The NHE PTA has the following plans for the 2016-2017 school year:
- Kindergarten Welcome ‘Popsicles in the Park’
- A new Online Store, Website and E-News
- Support for Accelerated Reader programs & new library books for our highly rated library
- Repeat funding for our NHE Robotics and Lone Star Challenge teams
- Repeat funding for our award-winning and one and only Think Tank including new microscopes!
- Extra recess and gym equipment for each classroom
- Fun and interesting programs, field trips and pride rallies
- Time for Kids reading comprehension magazine for 2-6th grades
- Repeat funding for our 'Freddie's Farm' Teaching Garden and expanded garden curriculum.
- Fall Festival Community Event
- Red Ribbon week with special student programming
- Multicultural Night
- Pancake Supper
- NHE Annual Auction
- Future Falcon Events (throughout the year)
- Teacher Appreciation Week to honor our Teachers and Staff
- Parent education programs
- Participation in RISD Council Clothes Closet and Used Book Fair
- Participation in Reflections, National PTA's cornerstone art program and competition
- NHE Student Field Day and shirts for every student!
- Dad’s Day Luncheon
- Meeting a membership goal of 260 members (increase over our 5 year high last year of 237)
Join Online Now...
To become a member and join in making an measurable impact on the education of your child and of those in our community, follow these simple steps listed below: