WHAT NHE PTA FUNDS
In addition to supporting our school through volunteering, NHE PTA raises money each year for programs such as Multicultural Night, Pastries with Parents, Supply Sale, and Reflections along with educational opportunities for every child at our school. These items are part of our NHE PTA Budget, which is voted on annually by the NHE PTA membership. Click here to review the 2019-2020 Approved NHE PTA Budget.
NHE PTA DESIGNATED FUNDS
At the year-end meeting of the association, the NHE PTA members vote to approve the NHE PTA Budget for all the operational and programming needs of PTA for the following fiscal year (July 1-June 30.) Throughout the year, the Ways and Means committee works hard to raise money to fund that budget.
At the end of each fiscal year, any funds that were not needed for the budget and are not required to roll over to the following year's budget may be allocated as "Designated Funds" to support the students and school upon approval of the NHE PTA membership and in line with the rules of PTA and Richardson ISD.
The Designated Funds Committee has grouped this year's funds by categories that align with PTA goals and missions. Some items fall in multiple categories but are listed only once below. Some items below are typically funded by our PTA each year (indicated by an *) and some ideas are new or one-time expenses.
- Local Field Trip for Each Grade Level K-6: Cover costs for ALL students for 1 local field trip for grades K-6*. PTA may cover all costs except transportation per PTA insurance rules.
- Out-of-Town Field Trips for 4th grade*and 5th grade*: Supplement costs for grade-level students to attend 4th grade Austin trip* and 5th grade Science Camp trip*. PTA may not cover any transportation costs per PTA insurance rules.
- Campus Clubs: Basketball and/or Soccer Teams that play other RISD elementary teams, Destination Imagination, Lone Star Challenge*, Coding, Yoga, etc. (clubs dependent on finding a sponsor to lead the club)
- Campus-Wide Education Programs: Examples include Author visits*, planetarium set up on campus for a day, dinosaur museum set up on campus for a day, petting zoo visit, and more.
- Freddie's Farm - Outdoor Learning Environment: includes Garden costs not covered by the existing garden grant (ex: garden service day items such as mulch, annual consultant fee, supplies)*
- STEM - Think Tank: Supplies and Curriculum for Science and Math Enrichments and Projects*
- Accelerated Reader (A/R) Program and A/R Rewards*
- Classroom Learning Enhancement Teacher Allowances: Each teacher receives $200 allowance to spend on approved classroom items to enrich and enhance student learning.*
- School Supplies: Supply packs offered at a 35% discount for each PTA membership purchased and maintenance of Freddie's Supply Closet for replenishing heavily-used student supplies such as pencils, erasers, etc throughout the year.
- Flexible Seating: Purchase more flexible seating to be used throughout the school in various classrooms, such as stability balls and wiggle seats.
- Positive Behavior and Intervention Support (PBIS) Prizes for Students and Staff. PBIS is already a program implemented by RISD at NHE. PTA provides support for incentives and prizes.*
- No Hungry Child / Food Pantry: Helps cover student lunches if cafeteria account runs out and/or snacks as needed. We all know how hard it is to learn or focus when we are hungry!*
- Technology: Refresh items such as iPad headphones, chargers, bricks, walkie-talkies for staff to use for safe dismissal.*
School Pride / Community Building:
- School Spirit Shirts for ALL students to be used for field trips, field day, Spirit Fridays, and throughout the year.*
- Freddie Falcon Mascot Costume for Pride Rallies, NHE Float in RHS Homecoming Parade, and more.
- Library Decor. Purchase items to complement 2019 summer library renovation such as frames for student artwork.
- Movie Night Screen and Projector: Purchase instead of renting each year which would allow more flexibility in hosting both a fall and spring movie night!
- Additional Playground Equipment and Larger Playground Space. PTA would purchase the new equipment, cost of adding cement retaining wall, and the first round of wood chips for the larger space. RISD would maintain the wood chips. Current playground equipment (red swings & yellow/green play area) will be replaced in the next bond.
PAST YEARS' APPROVED DESIGNATED FUNDS
Wondering what NHE PTA has funded in the past? Check out the links below for the approved disbursements lists for the last 3 years to see what the membership has voted to fund.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Then, please contact the Financial Reporting chair at email@example.com.