SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING FAIR INFORMATION
Due: Friday, January 17, 2020
Who Submits a Science Fair Project?
- 5th graders: As part of the science curriculum, students in 5th grade must complete a science fair project for class but may choose if they would like to enter the competition.
- All students in grades K-6 may choose to do a science fair project for the district competition.
5th Grader Science Fair Project:
- Booklets for 5th graders will be coming home.
- Projects will be due NO LATER THAN Friday, January 17, 2020.
- For 5th grade students who want to enter the competition, please see details below.
- For those who do not want to enter the competition, the project may be displayed on a file folder or in a digital format.
K-6 District Science Fair Projects:
- For the RISD Science Fair Student Handbook click here for English and here for Spanish.
- Any student in Kinder-6th grade who would like to participate in the district science fair competition, please return the form from Tuesday Folders to Mrs. Floyd.
- All projects must be turned in to Mrs. Floyd NO LATER THAN Friday, January 17, 2020.
- Projects for the district competition MUST be on a presentation board. The board must be:
- NOT exceed the size requirements: 30 inches deep, 32 inches wide, and 80 inches high.
- All components of the display must be on the table within the display space and include a project journal.
- Students may enter a project as an individual or as part of a team of no more than 3 students.
- Team projects will compete with individual projects and not be judged separately.
- Siblings or friends may work together on a team project, but the project must be entered in the highest grade level represented.
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners selected for each grade K-6.